We are Alex & Adam, a Rhode Island Couple Hoping to Adopt a Baby
Hello from Northern Rhode Island! Thanks for taking the time to learn more about us, Alex and Adam. We know you have big decisions to make right now that likely require a lot of courage. We honor whatever choices you make and are grateful you are considering us as one possibility. We have been together for about nine years and have been married for three. We’re excited to begin this process of exploring adoption and have been talking about becoming parents for years. We are grounded in our community, including friends who have adopted, and would love to welcome a child into our lives. We know parenting is hard work, and we have a lot of love to give and a supportive community to be part of the village that raises a child. We hope our adoption website gives you some insight into who we are and what kind of parents we would be as you go through your own discernment process. Feel free to reach out!
— Adam & Alex
We are a hopeful same-sex couple from New England.
We wish to adopt a baby anywhere in the United States!
At a Glance: 10 Things to Know About Us
- We met when Alex was living in Brooklyn, NY and Adam was in Boston, MA. We had a number of mutual friends and both of us made sure to be at the same dinner while Alex was visiting friends in Boston.
- Rhode Island has been our home since 2017 — it may be the smallest state in the U.S., but it’s full of love and community!
- Adam really loves nature and being outdoors. Alex…. less so. But we recently went camping in the Berkshires because compromise is important 😛
- We have six nieces and nephews with one on the way! Lots of little cousins!!
- Adam can hoop three hula hoops at the same time. It’s kinda mind-blowing.
- One of Alex’s favorite (though infrequent) activities is trapeze. It’s the most fun!!
- Adam went to college in Ohio where his mascot was the “Lords and Ladies.” Alex’s mascot in Massachusetts was a big elephant. That makes sense together, right?
- We’ve been talking about adopting a child for years now and have a number of friends in the area who have adopted or are in the process. We’re grateful to have a community with families of all kinds and formations!
- Our grandparents live in warmer climates (Arizona and Florida) — we’re happy in New England for now, but who knows what our future holds when we get old and don’t want to bundle up anymore.
- We are looking forward to being parents and sharing our love with a little one. Our hearts are big and we know that an addition to our family will only make them grow even bigger.
Choose a topic below to read more about our story.
From there, you will also be able to see lots of pictures about our lives, family members, friends, and the fun activities we do as a couple.
Providence, RI: Alex & Adam are a loving couple looking to adopt a baby. They are hopeful and legally approved to adopt a baby and may be reached at 1-800-982-3678. Their adoption agency is Friends in Adoption.