We are a New York State Family Hoping to Adopt a Baby
Hello, and welcome to our adoption agency profile! We’re Becca, Katya, and Sami from the Hudson Valley in New York. We’re so glad you clicked on our page. We know it takes a lot of courage and strength when considering adoption for your baby. We’re grateful you landed here and hope you’ll read through our pages to get to know us a little better. We’re a warm, joyful, and open-minded family who have a lot of love to give as we grow our family. If you have any questions about us, please reach out. We have a lot of respect for you as you consider adoption as an option.
— Becca, Katya, & Sami
We are hopeful and optimistic parents in Dutchess County, NY.
We wish to adopt a baby anywhere in the United States.
At a Glance: 10 Things to Know About Us
- We met on OkCupid in 2010. Katya was living in New Haven, CT and Becca was living in Brooklyn, NY. We first met in-person at a coffee shop in Fort Greene, Brooklyn and spent 4 hours talking over one cup of coffee!
- Becca was born in San Jose, Costa Rica and grew up in Las Cruces, NM. She has a deep love for the southwest and will add green chile to breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Katya was born in Syracuse, NY and grew up in Ithaca, NY in a housing co-op. She would spend every day swimming in a pond or kayaking on a lake if she could.
- On our third date, we brought each other (very different) surprise treats. Becca brought Katya a carrot cake cupcake and Katya brought Becca kale and tofu!
- We both always knew we wanted to have kids and have loved being Sami’s parents. We have friends and family who have adopted and have been role models for us on this journey.
- Our favorite vacation as a couple was a trip to Vieques, Puerto Rico.
- Becca is Puerto Rican and, taking after her mother, loves to cook and feed people.
- Katya loves the outdoors and once won a gold medal in a snowshoeing competition.
- Sami loves to go on summer vacation to Lewes, DE and go swimming at the beach with his cousins.
- We have built a life together filled with love and mutual respect. We are so excited to grow our family through adoption and Sami is excited to be a big brother!
We met through a dating website in 2010 when Katya lived in Connecticut and Becca lived in New York. Our first date was an epic four-hour conversation over one cup of coffee. By our third date, Becca knew she had met “the one”. Two months later Katya made a bold move and invited Becca home to meet her family over the holidays — she was a hit!
After two years of dating long distance and traveling between Connecticut and New York, Katya joined Becca in Brooklyn in 2012. We lived in a cute 700 square foot apartment close to friends and family for three years before moving to the Hudson Valley in 2016. Our son, Sami, was born later that year.
While we loved being in Brooklyn, living in the Hudson Valley has allowed us to build a wonderful new community and explore the outdoors regularly. We are fortunate that Sami is surrounded by loving friends and neighbors and is growing up deeply engaged in the natural world that surrounds us.
We both work from home and are able to spend a lot of time together as a family. When we met, Katya was working in education as a school district administrator and Becca was a community organizer in New York City. Over the last ten years our jobs have shifted and evolved but making the world a better place has always been central to our work.
Over the last decade of being a couple we have been through a lot of loss and have also experienced wonderful times together. It is our trust, love, and respect for each other that has helped us move through each moment regardless of how difficult it has been. We are a strong couple and Sami has made us become a strong family.
Click or tap on any photo in order to enlarge, navigate and read photo captions. Press “Esc” key or tap on “X” to exit the slideshow.
Choose a topic below to read more about our story.
From there, you will also be able to see lots of pictures about our lives, family members, friends, and the fun activities we do as a couple and as a family.
Dutchess County, NY: Becca, Katya & Sami are a loving family looking to adopt a baby.
They are hopeful and legally approved to adopt a baby and may be reached through their adoption agency, Friends in Adoption.