We are Heather & Dori, a couple from Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn hoping to adopt a baby
Hi there! Our names are Dori and Heather. We are writing to you from our home in Brooklyn, New York. We have been dreaming of our future family for many, many years. Our home is already full of warmth, openness, laughs, music, games, and more. We are excited to share this all with a child.
Although we can be pretty goofy people, we take the decision to adopt very seriously. It is a privilege and an honor. We don’t yet, and may never, know your story. We can only imagine what is going through your mind as you read through adoption profiles. Although we hope one day to meet you, our first priority is to honor your decisions and experiences throughout this process. We are sincerely grateful that you are taking this time to consider us.
We have a lot of love to give to a child and, while we are waiting, we are sending that love to you on your journey. Thank you,
— Heather & Dori
We’re Hopeful Adoptive Parents in New York City, Looking to Adopt a Baby!
At a Glance: 10 Things to Know About Us
- We met in 2009 in Waltham, MA, while in college. We started dating in 2012 and got married in 2016.
- As a couple, we are different people who share the most important quality: supporting each other in whatever adventure each person wants to embark on next.
- Dori grew up in Charlottesville, Virginia. She is a music therapist at a publicly funded nursing home and rehabilitation center. She is particularly great with children because she is creative, physically active, go-with-the-flow, and not afraid to get messy.
- Heather grew up in New Jersey. She is a public defender, representing low-income clients. Her compassionate and empathetic presence is a large part of what has made her thrive at her job.
- We have lived in Bedford Stuyvesant (Bed-Stuy), Brooklyn, since 2015. Our home is near many of our closest family and friends. We manage to keep each other laughing loud enough to fill our whole home.
- Dori can walk or ride her bike to work in Flatbush, Brooklyn from where we live. Heather can bike or take public transportation to Downtown Brooklyn to her office or to court, too.
- We have a great apartment with plenty of room to do yoga and dance and a spare bedroom. We have many games, instruments, art supplies, and books in our home. It often has the homey smell of made-from-scratch foods and baked goods.
- Family is very important to us. We moved to New York City from the Boston-area in order to be closer to our families, who mostly live in the tri-state area (New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey)
- Our friends are also like family to us. We live near to some of our closest friends here in Brooklyn and we also love to travel to visit friends who are not here.
- We are now looking to adopt a baby! We are open to the idea of meeting you, getting to know you, and answering any questions you might have, but please know that we will respect your decisions above all else.
Choose a topic below to read more about our story.
From there, you will also be able to see lots of pictures about our lives, family members, friends, and the fun activities we do as a couple.
Brooklyn, NY: Heather & Dori are a loving couple looking to adopt a baby. They are hopeful and legally approved to adopt a baby and may be reached at 1-800-982-3678. Their adoption agency is Friends in Adoption.