We Are James, Ned, & Aiden, Ready to Adopt a Baby and Grow Our Family!
Hi! We are James, Ned, and Aiden from Washington, D.C. We are honored that you are taking the time to learn about our family. We have so much respect and admiration for you as you consider an adoption plan for your child.
We are a loving, warm, and active family excited to welcome a second child into our lives. Through the next few pages you will learn about us, our family, and our friends. We hope you can see how our life and home is filled with love, support — both for each other, and from friends and family — and happiness and joy. All of which we want to share with a second child in the future.
Should you choose to meet us, please know that it would be such an honor to meet and get to know you as well. Thank you for considering us!
— James, Ned & Aiden
We are hopeful parents from the District of Columbia.
We wish to adopt a baby anywhere in the United States!
At a Glance: 10 Things to Know About Us
- We met in New York City in 2011 and got married in Washington, DC, four years later.
- We adopted our son Aiden near Orlando, Florida, just before Christmas in 2018.
- We live in Washington, DC, a vibrant, diverse, and progressive city.
- We have both run five marathons, including ones in Chicago and New York.
- James is a doctor who works for health equity.
- Ned is a reporter who writes about everything related to airlines.
- We like to take family bike rides. One of our favorite routes is to Virginia where Aiden can watch planes land at the airport.
- We love to get out in nature and enjoy going for family hikes in Shenandoah National Park and other state parks nearby.
- Ned’s family lives in Colorado where we can explore the Rocky Mountains.
- Becoming parents is the biggest decision in our lives, and should you decide on adoption and perhaps choose us as parents for your child, please know we will parent them in a house full of love and support, surrounded by family and friends.
We met online in 2011 and got married four years later. Aiden entered our lives in 2018 and we haven’t looked back. We’re an energetic and loving family of three — four including our dog Heathrow — that likes to get outside and explore the world, whether it’s to the local park, driving to the mountains, or flying somewhere new.
We are a loving and caring family, and our strengths complement each other. James is the spontaneous yet more grounded one, while Ned is the planner who likes to set goals for us. We both care deeply for equality and that everyone should be treated with kindness and respect.
Since Aiden joined us, he has only added more joy and spontaneity to our life. We love that everyday is a new adventure with him. We are thankful to be surrounded by our loving family and friends, and can’t wait to share that love and joy by expanding our family.
Click or tap on any photo in order to enlarge, navigate and read photo captions. Press “Esc” key or tap on “X” to exit the slideshow.
Choose a topic below to read more about our story.
From there, you will also be able to see lots of pictures about our lives, family members, friends, and the fun activities we do as a couple.
Washington, DC: James, Ned, & Aiden are a loving family looking to adopt a baby. They are hopeful and legally approved to adopt a baby and may be reached through their adoption agency, Friends in Adoption.