We are a family from New York City hoping to adopt a baby
Hello! Greetings from New York City! We are Tonya, Jason, and Keaton, and we are honored that you are taking the time to get to know us. We cannot express to you how excited we are to be moving toward the adoption of our second child. We hope that these pages give you an honest idea of who we are. We thank you for your courage and selflessness in considering the best path for your child and we hope that your journey leads to clarity and peace.
— Jason, Tonya, & Keaton
We are a hopeful family from New York State.
We wish to adopt a baby anywhere in the United States!
At a Glance: 10 Things to Know About Us
- We can’t wait to complete our family through adoption.
- We live in a family friendly neighborhood in Astoria, Queens, just minutes away from a great riverfront park.
- Hiking on Bear Mountain and driving through the Hudson Valley are two of our favorite things to do outside the city.
- We’re excited to be a transracial family.
- Our son, Keaton, is a passionate toy truck enthusiast and sandbox extraordinaire who will be a caring big brother to the child we adopt.
- Jason works for the New York State energy office.
- Tonya is a Broadway performer, Kids Yoga Instructor, and Teaching Artist.
- Our home is regularly filled with singing and dancing.
- Tonya’s family is spread through the U.S., in Ohio, Texas, Indiana, and Florida, while Jason’s family is mostly in New Jersey.
- Our friends and family are thrilled with our plans to adopt a baby.
Our story began on a dating website. Jason had this unbelievable picture of himself with his arms thrown open and his head thrown back in the middle of a field of flowers. And also a picture of he and his niece hugging each other tight. Tonya couldn’t resist the joy exhibited in both. We went dancing on the 4th date (80’s night that night), and the journey began. Three years later we got married on a beach in Mexico with our immediate and chosen family. A year and a half after that, our son was born.
Since the beginning, our plans have included adoption. Jason has always seen that passionately in his future, and Tonya loved the idea when it was presented. For now, we are a family of three, with a two-year-old son, who is our light in every way. We are an incredibly silly household who love to laugh. We live in Astoria, NY, a family friendly neighborhood in Queens. We spend a lot of time outside, playing and relaxing on our back patio and walking to the nearby park on the river. As active people, we are always looking for ways to get moving together — we go rollerblading (yes, rollerblading), biking, swimming. We also love getting out of the city to catch our breath in nature, often going hiking in the mountains just north of NYC. Keaton loves these hikes, demanding to be on the trail himself, exploring everything he can find. Travel is a constant for us, fitting it in whenever and wherever possible. We seek out new places, rarely visiting the touristy sites, preferring instead to walk the local neighborhoods, getting a sense of the real heart of each place.
Our strength comes from the love that binds us, a love which gives us the ability to work through challenges, to hold one another up, to support each other’s passions completely, to be good people, and most of all to be good parents. We can’t wait for the next chapter of our family’s story.
Click or tap on any photo in order to enlarge, navigate and read photo captions. Press “Esc” key or tap on “X” to exit the slideshow.
Choose a topic below to read more about our story.
From there, you will also be able to see lots of pictures about our lives, family members, friends, and the fun activities we do as a couple.
Astoria, Queens, NY: Jason, Tonya, & Keaton are a loving family looking to adopt a baby.
They are hopeful and legally approved to adopt a child and may be reached through their adoption agency, Friends in Adoption.