We Are Sam, Jessica, and Ben, from Albany County, NY
Hello, we are Jessica, Sam, and Ben in Upstate New York. Thank you for reading our adoption profile as you consider adoption as one of your options for you and your baby. We realize that you may be scared right now and unsure how to pick an adoptive family for your baby. If chosen, we promise to provide your child with love, opportunities, care, and support. We will help them develop new skills and relationships as they grow into an adult. Some of our friends have an open adoption and we have seen the joy adoption brings to their lives. Are you interested in talking with us? We would love to chat with you. We will support both you and your child.
— Sam, Jessica, & Ben
We are hopeful parents from the New York Upper Hudson Valley.
We wish to adopt a baby anywhere in the United States!
“Adoption is not about finding children for families, it’s about finding families for children.”
—Joyce Maguire Pavao
At a Glance: 10 Things to Know About Us
- We met at a combined birthday party for two of our friends in 2010. We were engaged in 2012 and married in 2014 along the Delaware River in the Poconos.
- We gave birth to our son Benjamin in 2015. Benjamin is very excited about being a big brother to the baby we adopt, and often asks when he will get a little brother or sister.
- Jessica grew up in Western NY and moved to the Capital Region in 1997 for college. Her parents and sister currently live in Central NY, but her parents hope to move close to us soon.
- Sam grew up in Bucks County, PA and moved to the NY Capital Region in 2010 after college. His parents are in Bucks County and his brother lives in San Francisco, CA. We are both close to our families and they support our plans and hopes for adoption.
- Jessica works as a Mechanical Engineer for a major Wind Turbine manufacturer. She loves her job and some of the favorite parts of her career have been traveling to wind farms and climbing the turbines! She likes problem solving and helping her customers.
- Sam is an Electrical Engineer and started his own business to persue his passion of invention and developing new products. He enjoys working with 3d printers and at our local Maker Space.
- We live in a small town south of Albany, NY. We moved here two years ago due to the highly-ranked school district. We have grown to love our town so much, and enjoy its parks, playgrounds, pool, library, and biking paths. This is truly a great place to raise a family!
- We both feel volunteering in our community is important. Jessica mostly volunteers in support of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and diversity initiatives, and Sam enjoys fixing and building things in the community. Ben also joins in and loves picking up trash at the disc golf course that Sam helped build.
- We enjoy traveling for vacations and visiting our friends and family. Sam’s mom has a beach house that we love spending time at. We hope to travel to international locations once Ben and the child we adopt are old enough to enjoy and appreciate it. We strive to expose Ben to different cultures and teach him the value of diversity.
- We hope to grow our family and our love through the blessing of adoption. We know choosing to pursue adoption may be a stressful time for you, and if chosen we will offer our support in any way we can. We wish you strength and courage at this time.
Get to Know a Little About Our Story…
We met in 2010 at a birthday party being held for Sam’s grade school friend and Jessica’s college friend, who were coworkers. Jessica was drawn to Sam right away, but he left the party before she could say goodbye! Luckily, some mutual friends let Sam know Jessica was interested in him, and Sam invited her over for a potluck. We started dating soon afterwards, but things really got serious a few months later when there was a fire in Sam’s apartment, and he asked to move into Jessica’s house “for a week or two”. Well, things worked out so well that we decided to officially move in together. Sam proposed in 2012, and we got married in 2014 on the Delaware River in the Poconos! In late 2015 we were overjoyed to welcome Benjamin into our lives. We have only grown more in love since then. Family is very important to us, and we hope to soon adopt a baby and begin the next chapter in our family’s lives.
Jessica grew up in Western NY, and moved to the NY Capital Region for college, where she majored in Mechanical Engineering. Ever since Junior High, she has always wanted to put her Engineering skills to good use for the planet and is happy to have a career she loves in the Wind Power industry!
Sam grew up in Bucks County, PA, and moved here after college. His degree is in Electrical Engineering and he is currently building his own business, developing consumer products. Sam loves inventing, tinkering, and prototyping, and is happy he can pursue this passion as an entrepreneur.
Benjamin is a joyful Kindergartener with lots of interests and a loving personality. He wants to become a big brother through adoption so much!
We have two cats, Tam Lin and Madison, who we love very much! They bring lots of joy into our lives.
We thank you for taking the time to read our adoption profile. We hope the next few pages give you a sense of who we are, what is important to us, and how we would welcome the baby we adopt into our home.
Click or tap on any photo in order to enlarge, navigate and read photo captions. Press “Esc” key or tap on “X” to exit the slideshow.
Choose a topic below to read more about our story. From there, you will also be able to see lots of pictures about our lives, family members, friends, and the fun activities we do as a couple and as a family.
Albany Capital Region, NY: Sam, Jessica, & Ben are a loving family looking to adopt a baby. They are hopeful and legally approved to adopt a baby and may be reached through their adoption agency, Friends in Adoption.
“Family is very important to us, and we hope to soon adopt a baby and begin the next chapter in our family’s lives. Thank you for considering us as your adoptive family..”
— Sam, Jessica, & Ben