We Are a Couple from Saratoga County, NY Hoping to Adopt a Baby
A heartfelt hello from Katelyn and Stephen, in upstate New York! We are humbled that you would take the time to explore our adoption profile. Throughout its pages we hope it provides a window into the life we’ve created together.
While we can not fully know your situation, we respect you exploring your options. As you navigate this complicated decision, we are thinking of you and hope that you feel empowered to make whatever choices are best for you and your child.
We can not wait for you to get to know us, and we are excited by the possibility of getting to know you too!
— Katelyn & Stephen
We are hopeful parents from the New York Capital District.
We wish to adopt a baby anywhere in the United States!
At a Glance: 10 Things to Know About Us
- We met in a suburb of Rochester New York and started dating at the age of 16. Our long-distance relationship went through college — with Katelyn in Pennsylvania and Stephen in North Carolina.
- Autumn being our favorite time of year, we got married in October of 2016 in Holley, NY. The weather was perfect!
- In 2020 we were fortunate enough to buy our first home in Ballston Spa, right outside of Saratoga Springs. We love being close to downtown Saratoga, while still being surrounded by nature.
- Katelyn is an engineer who loves baking and picture taking.
- Stephen is a special education teacher who loves trail running and time with friends.
- Rather than traditional gifts for birthdays and anniversaries, we plan intentional experiences that build memories together. These have included the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, Corning Museum of Glass, and a show at the Palace Theater in Albany.
- During our time in the Saratoga Springs area we have developed a community of friends that we can count on for a potluck, game night, or deep conversation. They have been supportive throughout our process of looking to adopt a baby.
- Even though Katelyn’s family is in western New York and Stephen’s is in North Carolina, we stay close and connected.
- When we want to relax, we enjoy streaming tv shows together or going out to a movie. Some of our favorite tv shows and movies even inspired the quotes used throughout our profile!
- We strive to fill our home with joy and look forward to sharing our values of communication, respect, and grace with our future child.
This is Us
“Love is like oatmeal, it sustains you.” —Captain Holt, Brooklyn 99
Both of us grew up in western New York, in a small town outside of Rochester. We met during high school, were friends for a while, and started dating at the age of 16 years old. Halfway through high school, Stephen’s family moved to North Carolina. For the next seven years we dated long distance — while finishing high school, through college, and during one year of “adult life.” Katelyn would visit Stephen in NC during the cold NY winters and Stephen would visit Katelyn in NY during the hot NC summers (including junior and senior prom!). In 2016 we finally ended our long distance relationship, by getting married and starting our life together in the Saratoga Springs, NY area. Katelyn works as an engineer and Stephen is a high school special education teacher.
Since being in upstate NY we have enjoyed spending time outdoors exploring everything this area has to offer and attending the local seasonal festivals. In 2020 we bought our home in Ballston Spa and spend much of our free time in our kitchen (Stephen cooking and Katelyn baking — yum!), living room (reading and streaming), and back yard (string lights and calm nights). Through our church and jobs we have gained a supportive community for game nights, cookouts, and even moving into our house during a pandemic.
Our relationship is based on communication, respect, and grace. While we will always be growing in those things (hence the grace) we strive to offer them to one another and those around us. We believe that family is where you are fully known and fully loved.
Click or tap on any photo in order to enlarge, navigate and read photo captions. Press “Esc” key or tap on “X” to exit the slideshow.
Choose a topic below to read more about our story.
From there, you will also be able to see lots of pictures about our lives, family members, friends, and the fun activities we do as a couple.
Ballston Spa, NY: Katelyn & Stephen are a loving couple looking to adopt a baby. They are hopeful and legally approved to adopt a baby and may be reached at 1-800-982-3678. Their adoption agency is Friends in Adoption.