We are Mike & Katie from New York, Hoping to Expand Our Family Through the Gift of Adoption.
Hi! We are Katie and Mike from Queens, NY and we are so happy you are here! Welcome to our adoption agency profile. This will surely be our greatest, most exciting adventure. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for taking the time to get to know us. We are a very compassionate and loving couple, and are ecstatic about becoming parents through adoption. We feel truly blessed that we are being considered for the promotion to parenthood. Becoming parents has been the greatest dream of our lives. It is something we have both always envisioned and are extremely excited about.
We understand you are in the process of making a very challenging decision for both you and your precious baby, and we hope you feel supported, respected, and loved as you plan your baby’s future. Please know this is our greatest dream come true. We promise to love a child with everything we have and provide a safe home filled with love, laughter, and adventure.
We admire your strength, courage, and compassion, and the love you have for your baby as you consider creating an adoption plan. We sincerely hope that this profile will help you gain insight into who we are as a couple and as potential parents.
— Mike & Katie
We are a Loving Couple from Bellerose, NY.
We Wish to Adopt a Baby from Anywhere in the United States!
At a Glance: 10 Things to Know About Us
- We met online and had our fancy first date at Applebee’s in Fresh Meadows, NY in 2014. Mike had the Bourbon Street Steak and Katie had the Oreo shake before it was even part of a chart-topping song.
- We were married on a beautiful fall day in October in a delightful cottage in Wading River, NY in 2016. We were surrounded by our closest family and friends for our Harry Potter rustic themed wedding.
- Our home is located in a charming community in Queens, NY right on the border of Nassau County. We live in a large colonial with Katie’s parents (Ginny and Bill) who are very supportive of our plans to adopt a baby.
- Katie is a kind, creative, and energetic early childhood educator in a public school in Bronx, NY. She has previously taught in Little Neck, NY, Flushing, NY, and Bayside NY, in private schools and across many grade levels.
- Mike is a dedicated and ambitious carpenter in Farmingdale, NY with over 20 years of experience. Mike loves his job and using raw materials to create something beautiful.
- We are always up for an adventure and love to explore NYC and Long Island. We enjoy visiting local food trucks, catching the latest box office hit at Eisenhower Park at movies under the stars, and creating unique paper lanterns for lantern festivals.
- We love Halloween! We enjoy going apple and pumpkin picking and exploring the Great Jack O Lantern Blaze in Upstate, NY during the fall months. We always leave with some Apple Cider Donuts!
- We share a passion for creating things and have a small side business where we work together to design and create personalized home décor and party decorations called Glitter & Splinters.
- We love to travel to Cape Cod, MA in the summer and the Poconos, PA in the Fall or Winter. We look forward to instilling a love for travel and adventure in the child we adopt by taking them to Disney World, camping in Upstate, NY, investigating the Long Island Aquarium, playing in the sand on Long Beach, and exploring the Bronx Zoo.
- Our family and friends were overjoyed to hear about our plan to expand our family through the gift of adoption. We all truly believe that the only thing needed to make a family is LOVE and we have so much of that to give.
We met in August of 2014 on a dating website. We clicked right away, and it did not take long for us to discover we had amazing chemistry and shared very similar interests. We have been married for four years now and are ready to grow our family! Our relationship is based on trust, honesty, loyalty, respect, and good communication. We love to have fun and are kids at heart. We have an unbreakable bond which brings out the very best in each other. We have been through so much together and truly feel lucky and blessed to have found each other.
We LOVE to go on adventures. We enjoy checking out the newest animated movies and enjoy this activity even more now that we have young nieces. We love to use our time together to make the most out of every day.
Some of our favorite hobbies include spending time with family and friends, baking, cooking, going on trips to the zoo, museum, and aquarium. We love going to the annual lantern festival and apple and pumpkin picking. We also enjoy going camping and fishing, and visiting local food trucks.
We enjoy vacationing in the Poconos during the fall and winter months and in Cape Cod during the summer. We cannot wait to travel again! We enjoy going to concerts at the beach, going to see Broadway shows, and rooting for the Yankees! A quote that sums up our relationship is, “We didn’t know we were making memories; we just knew we were having fun.”
We have an adorable Jack Russell Terrier named Dominic, who is very excited to have a sibling to run around and play with. Dominic is four years old and loves to snuggle, play with his toys, and EAT… especially Greenies! We named him after Dominic Toretto from one of our favorite movie series, the Fast & Furious. We love those movies and thought it would be the perfect name for our pup!
We both share a great love of creating things, so much so that we decided to start a small home-based business where we create personalized home décor and party decorations. Katie’s endless creativity and design ideas combined with Mike’s skilled hands and technical knowledge make us a perfect team. We live by the idea that “teamwork makes the dream work!”
This same cooperation is what we will rely on to raise our family together in a loving and nurturing home filled with joyful memories, fun adventures, and constant laughter.
Click or tap on any photo in order to enlarge, navigate and read photo captions. Press “Esc” key or tap on “X” to exit the slideshow.
Choose a topic below to read more about our story.
From there, you will also be able to see lots of pictures about our lives, family members, friends, and the fun activities we do as a couple.
Mike & Katie’s Adoption Agency Profile | 1-800-982-3678 | Friends in Adoption | www.friendsinadoption.org