We are Parker and Joshua, an Adirondacks Area Couple Hoping to Adopt a Baby
Hello! We are Parker and Joshua from upstate New York. Thank you for taking the time to review our adoption profile, and for allowing us to give you a glimpse into our every day life. We understand what courage comes from creating an adoption plan for your child, and commend you on exploring this option.
Expanding our family, and becoming parents is something we have always dreamed about. We are excited to have the opportunity to provide a nurturing, loving, and supportive environment to a child.
Please feel free to reach out to us, as we are eager to hear from you in regards to your adoption plan. Regardless of what you eventually choose, we wish you nothing but support and love during this journey.
— Parker & Joshua
We are hopeful parents from Clinton County, NY. We wish to adopt a baby anywhere in the United States!
At a Glance: 10 Things to Know About Us
- We met in 2016, at the hospital we are both employed in upstate New York. We were married with our closest friends and family by our side in Port Kent, New York in 2019.
- We spend a great deal of time exploring trails close to our home in the Adirondacks!
- Parker is a Registered Nurse who is currently earning his bachelors degree in nursing. He enjoys planning some type of fun craft or project for our nieces and nephew when they visit us.
- Joshua is a medical assistant and has been caring for patients for the past nine years. He also loves to be creative through his crafting and interior decorating.
- Family is very important to us both, and we spend a great deal of time making memories with them.
- Living in Northern New York, we are very close to beautiful Vermont.
- We love spending time exploring, shopping, and eating at local restaurants around New York and Vermont!
- Our family and closest friends are all excited for us to become parents through adoption. They are our greatest support system.
- We love living in Northern New York because we are able to experience all four seasons here.
- We love having our nieces, nephew, and closest friends’ children over for movies and game night!
This is Us
We met on Parker’s first day of work as a nurse nearly five years ago, at the hospital we are both employed at. Parker was getting report on his patients, as Joshua was getting ready to head home after his shift. Joshua sent a message to Parker later that day welcoming him to the facility, and asking him how he enjoyed being a new nurse. We quickly started to spend time together outside of work, and have been by each other’s side ever since. We were thrilled in fall of 2019, to get married with all of our friends and family by our side. It’s amazing to think how meeting each other that one day at work, has turned into the life we have created together.
Finding careers in the community we have grown up in, has allowed us to stay close in location to both of our families. This means the world to us as a couple, as we both have great relationships with our parents, siblings, nieces, nephew, and grandparents. Whether it’s a holiday celebration, our annual uncles weekend sleepover with all of our nieces and nephew at our home, or a random movie night in the middle of the week with our parents, we always enjoy the time we get to spend with each of them.
In addition to the humans that make up our family unit, we also have three pups who are just as special. Tinsel, Silo, and Zoey are our four-legged fur babies who have brought us such joy over the past few years. They always seem to know if we need to just cuddle up on the couch and enjoy a relaxing day, or play a game of fetch in the yard as a family. They are truly special dogs, and we are blessed to have them in our lives.
Both of us are lucky in the sense that we are always ready to take on a new adventure together. We have traveled to exciting destinations, and have had some amazing experiences that we will hold as memories forever. One of our favorite memories comes from our first trip together in 2017, when we went cave jumping in Punta Cana!
While we feel like we have already experienced so much as a couple, we know in our hearts that starting to build a family through adoption is going to be our greatest adventure yet.
Click or tap on any photo in order to enlarge, navigate and read photo captions. Press “Esc” key or tap on “X” to exit the slideshow.
Choose a topic below to read more about our story.
From there, you will also be able to see lots of pictures about our lives, family members, friends, and the fun activities we do as a couple.
Upstate NY: Parker & Joshua are a loving same-sex couple looking to adopt a baby. They are hopeful and legally approved to adopt a baby and may be reached at 1-800-982-3678. Their adoption agency is Friends in Adoption.